Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Feedback for my Halloween entry

I received the following feedback from my Halloween entry on my alivenotdead blog. Very interesting discussion. There's no right or wrong answer, but it stimulates a rather thoughtful dialogue. As Christians, these kinds of exchange are healthy for our maturity and the growth of our spiritual life. Just want to share with you:-

smile
posted on Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 2:27PM [Report]
「凡事都可行,但不都有益處;凡事都可行;但不都造就人。 」(林前十23)
基督徒扮 witches and devils , 上帝同意嗎?祂喜歡嗎?答案是明明白白,清清楚楚。一想到這裡,我並不感到funny, 我反而很傷心。因為天父見到祂的兒女扮巫婆扮撒旦,祂很難過。

Etchy
posted on Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 4:19PM [Report]
if you are turned into a satan worshiper from halloween or from reading harry potter books, there's probably some underlying issues that need to be addressed beyond the immediate ones. :-P

My response:
posted on Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 5:45PM
First of all, not ALL children dress up as "witches and devils." I've seen some creative custumes as Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, Joker, Batman, Bugs Bunny, and a butcher with a huge belly.

I don't think the answer is 明明白白,清清楚楚. God gives us free will. We're free to use it. If the intention is to have fun and not to hurt anybody, I don't think God will interfere.

In my opinion, I think God would be more upset that some Christians spend their time and energy standing on higher moral grounds judging and bashing a harmless festival than using their time focusing on how to spread the gospel of love on earth.

When a child comes tricking a treating on your door, you show your love not by telling her to get rid of her pumpkin costume, but to give her a smile, hand out your candy and say "Happy Halloween!"

I think that's what Jesus would do!

Labels: , , ,


|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com