Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Re-evaluating my musical direction....

A lot has been happening to me musically lately. On one hand, I'm blessed so many people recognize my ability to produce good music. On the other, the over-exposure has overshadowed some of what I'm capable to do.

So I've decided to take a 3-month hiatus from performing live music under my name (i.e. "Henry Chung & ....") except my regular monthly gig at the Wanch, or any multi-band show and/or festival organized by Mark 1, Underground or Grappa's, etc. Come to think of it, it's really not a hiatus at all, but I want some quality time off for me to focus on my work (I do have a day job and a pretty important one) and re-evaluate my musical direction. In other words, I need some down time, mentally.

When I make my comeback in September, I'd like to hit hard with the reunion of the original members of the HK Blues Allstars, another mind-blowing show with the New Blues Allstars, and a memorable celebrity show at Kubrick Cafe.

When I come back, I want to be like Buddy Guy or Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.

In the meantime, I accept all session work, live music work as a sideman, freelance lyricist work, and other freelance work.

I found the following on a blog from Shanghai re: "广深公路":

"貌似最近真的有很多值得取标题的事情,但是。。。还是没有思量的把席位给了明哥。。。

晚上跑步的时候把广深公路循环了数遍,还是适应不起,如果不是最后点睛的那段口琴估计印象还要更不好一点点。但是期待仍在,如果他执意作的是一张公路风味的民谣唱片,我只能照单全收。"

P.S. Went home and found more reviews about "广深公路":

"口琴配的太完美了。" - m夜's blog

"没有“大货车”,我会觉得幸福很多~特别是口琴一吹起来的时候,感觉好好~曲子简简单单,挺好听的。" - Michelle's blog

Labels: , , , ,


|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com