Saturday, April 17, 2010

Start and end the day with Mister Rogers

The world is in chaos. Ching Hoi has earthquake. We do not live in a democracy. How do we cope in this rapidly changing world when nothing seems to be secured.

I was in Olympian City last night. When I came out of the rest room, I saw this meaningful slogan on the wall:-

"If you want happiness for an hour - take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day - go fishing.
If you want happiness for a month - get married.
If you want happiness for a year - inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime - help someone."

Mr. Wong Fook Wing, who died while rescuing children in Ching Hoi, has instantly become my role model. But it's not easy to devote your lifetime helping someone who you don't even know. Then I thought of the teachings of Mister Rogers.

Yes, everyone is our neighbor. Would you, could you be my neighbor? Let's help our neighbors!! Devote our lifetime to just doing it! Then you have happiness for a lifetime!

On that note, let me leave you with some great thoughts from the great Teacher, Mister Fred Rogers!





It's such a good feeling to know that we're alive!! You can always help to make each day a special day by being you!!

Labels:


|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com