Sunday, May 28, 2006

Food for thought

Work's been kicking my ass lately. I'm working on Memorial Day Sunday (today) and possibly on Memorial Day. I'm getting paid well but I'm losing my private time. Luckily, I really like the people with whom I work. There's a lot of humanity in my work place. I've managed to make friends with many of my co-workers lately, many of whom are just great people. As I'm losing sleep, I'm gaining a whole lot of other unexpected things, like friendship. In midst of all this, I've retained my sense of humor, which is what still moves me forward these days.

Saw Jenny today and her 13-month old daughter, Olivia. Very unexpected but a cool encounter, nonetheless. Sometimes people show up when you least expect them to, and that is how humans connect. Human connection fascinates me to this day.

I've been inspired recently by a co-worker of mine. The last time I had that feeling was when I chaired for the Cornell Model Congress in the senior year of my college days. It's strange feeling. It makes you eat less when you're hungry and feel the edge to go to the bathroom frequently. It's a good kind of anxiety.

So I might go up to Montreal next week, just to see and experience. I want to be in an European envrionment without being in Europe. I want to be in a close city where they speak a different language. We'll see, we'll see, we'll see.

For now, I'm just inspired.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com