Monday, August 01, 2005

This thing called life

My condolences to my good friend Enrique and his family. His sister Montserrat and her boyfriend Eduardo died in a freak car accident on Friday. A truck lost its brakes and crashed them to instant death. Please keep Enrique and his family in your prayers. This has been more than a year since Adam's death. I still miss my friend.

On a more positive note, Michele's Mom's condition has improved at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. According to a neurology expert, this hospital is well-equipped for neuro-related diseases and my friend's mother is in good hands. Michele's Mom is slowly coming out of her coma, and is talking, sitting up, starting to eat soft foods, etc. I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, this is very encouraging news.

My NYC visit was a nice one. I'm going to embark on a new chapter of my life. Regardless of what happens, this new chapter is going to begin. I came across this book in a bookstore called "From Sophistication to Perfection," a book I used to read over and over again, but in the past two years, I've totally forgotten about it. So I picked it up again and started reading it and realized I have forgotten a lot of its teachings. It's a book in Chinese so the title is a translation. The word "sophistication" in the book's context really means "detailed and meticulous." I'm slowly going back to that phase; I need to appreciate life's most detailed aspect in a meticulous manner.

Good taste does not come with a college degree, but with life experience. My life experience has just begun.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com