Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My good luck continues

Been invited to two 4th of July parties as opposed to none last year. Somehow everybody's nice to me now. It's a cascading effect. I'm feeling summer now because it's the first day of summer. Was listening to Louis Armstrong's version of "Stardust." Still the most romantic version, with the trumpet piercing through the odd percussions in the background. Somehow nostalgia is heard through the muddled sounds. I still like the Nat King Cole and Aaron Neville versions, but the Louis version gives me the most memories, as if I had lived in the 40's.

Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
But that was long ago
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song


You just have to hear it to believe it.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com