Monday, June 20, 2005

Look for the silverlining

It's funny how I went from angry to an incredibly good mood in just two short weeks. I'm still on the top of my game, constantly smiling, and feeling so much sunshine. I'm spending a lot of time in the sun, too. I love it. Also got a couple of really nice, unexpected e-mail from those who care. What a warm feeling! I think my luck's gradually changing. There's poignancy in Chet Baker's song "Look for the Silverlining." I believe the winter has gone, and my summer has finally arrived.

Friday night, I went from hanging out with Meredith and Chan outside of the Parthenon Lounge enduring eavesdroppping people to cruising and lounging at their new house on Connecticut Ave. What a cozy atmosphere! I'm gonna spend my 4th July weekend there too. Watch out folks!

Saturday I proved myself once again to people who have never heard me but constantly criticize my name or subject me to ridicule. The results were totally formidable. I got praise from people who are complete strangers to an old legendary veteran like Dru Lore. "You're wailing on that harp. You've come a long way." Yes I have, sir! On top of them, all our CDs were sold out. All of them!!! The second time it has happened in two weeks. The band is just kicking ass everywhere we go, proving our critics wrong. Henry Tate from BBS walked up to me and said, "I hope you guys come back to Baltimore this year. You guys were robbed last year." I said, "Unlikely because we're done with competitions. No more contests for us. Also, we were not robbed because apparently we received the lowest score from the judges." Mr. Tate just shook his head and whispered, "I don't believe it."

Clarence also made headline in the local Greenbelt newspaper. Greenbelt was a cool place; I dig it. Nice surprise to have Gene Meros play with us again! We rocked the place. No doubt.

Saw two good movies this weekend. Discussed Batman already. The other was "My Summer of Love." My youth's slowly coming back to me.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com