Friday, March 25, 2005

Ode to Starbucks

I have heard rationale from some radical, tree-hugging environmentalists for loathing Starbucks. Let me make my position clear: I like Starbucks. I visit Starbucks at least once a week. I know its coffee is more expensive than most coffee shops but I'm willing to pay the price. I like its atmosphere. It's usually situated in crowded shopping malls or within a Barnes & Noble. I like their jazzy, loungy music playing in the background. I like bringing my work there or a book just to read while Dizzy Gillespie is playing a solo on "On the Sunnyside on the Street."

I have no problem with its coffee. I like its specialty coffee like Caramel Macchiato and especially Peppermint Mocha during winter time. Its regular coffee is kinda too strong for me. But I have found a substitute these days: Cafe Latte. No sugar. Just plain Latte. Need to cut down on the calories.

Or I just like sitting down on one of those comfy couches running my mouth with a mate of mine talking about politics or what's hot in literature these days. Shooting the crap! Ain't that fun? Most of all, when I'm at my most anxious mode, I feel sudden and automatic peace when I walk into Starbucks and order a snack and Cappuncino. All my trouble goes away for the time being. And then I may hear Louis or Ella or Tony or Frank, whispering "What a Wonderful World."

Starbucks is an Exxon Mobil for those who need a daybreak.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com