Monday, November 08, 2004

Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby?

It's a delight to see people writing again, whether it's e-mail or in a blog. I'm getting reafy for the season change too, for the most part. Driving on GW Parkway amidst fallen red leaves is nothing short of beautiful. The daylight saving hours make staying late at work an unrealistic option and start the night earlier. I enjoy driving in the night because the night and the music and the ambiance create a perfect balance.

Speaking of which, I've been fascinated by jazz and ragtime and Dixieland from the 40's. I put this Louis Armstrong/Earl Hines CD on repeat and it gives me a nice nostalgic feeling to it. Right now I'm craving an old Woody Allen movie (Hannah and Her Sisters) and a warm drink from Starbucks (eggnog latte) and some pseudo-intellectual conversations about cracking the Da Vinci Code or how there are a bevy of wannabe singer-songwriters who can neither sing nor write songs. A glass of Pinot Noir would also help heating my body up.

I think my mojo works better in the wintertime. Elegant clothing hides my gut and makes me look dapper. Somehow my manners and charms come more naturally, too. And ladies, I'm ready to rock and roll. It's all you.

I'm still hip!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com