Sunday, October 17, 2004

Let it go, dude!

I like people making music, even if it's bad music. Making music is like creating something quite unique that relieves you from tension and your surrounding everyday bullshit. When you're making music, you're in your own world free of encumbrances and worrisome thoughts. In that universe you're truly free.

These days I'm being attacked by a negative energy. The nothingness of it all makes my world quite limited in scope. Rachel's birthday party thankfully saved me from this awkward bonfire, which was making me uneasy. Since people continue to disappoint me, I may as well spend more time by myself. Maura came up with a good solution today: Instead of counting how many times people have wronged me, just forget it and move on. Or like how Bill would say, let it go! So from now on, I'm going to forgive those who don't say "hi" to me on the elevator. I'm going to forgive those who never return my phone calls or e-mail or never want to make plans or fail to show up at my gigs. I'm not going to record how many times someone initiates a chat with me online. I'm just gonna let it all go and make myself a happier person.

I've been thinking my life is kinda like the movies Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. The whole pool situation was like that, except it happened in a year rather than 9 years. Thank God. So I'm still hopeful because I know those I'm destined to meet again will eventually show up unexpectedly in my life.

So tomorrow is the big gig (or today if you're reading this on Monday). If you feel like coming, come and enjoy! Blues Alley, 8 & 10 sharp; be there or be square. And if you decide not to come, it's OK. I won't hold any grudges against you.

P.S. Picture of the day (warning: explicit content) [aka vacuuming in front of assholes.]

P.P.S. I didn't take it.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com