Monday, October 25, 2004

I've got a cold feeling just like ice around my heart

I've got a dry spell surrounding my world these days. I've yet to be inspired again. I haven't been to movies in ages. Maybe I ought to see Ray or Sideways this weekend to get some inspiration. Well, I know for sure Ray Charles' life story will move me profoundly because he's one of my all-time heroes.

Everybody talks about the changing of seasons and colors; I don't seem to notice anything. The weather is not particularly cooler, and I'm not wearing that many extra clothes. Someone I know wrote: "i want a kiss to feel like a slap in the face. maybe i'm just tired of being so dominant i don't let anyone touch me i touch them. i'm selfish and know how to get away with it. someone please break my heart. i'm begging you." It's just plain powerful!

Last Monday when I was in Georgetown I felt slighty out of place. I don't know anyone there anymore. The same applies to downtown DC. Spending a large chunk of time in Bethesda does not necessarily help me advance my social butterfly status. I think I'm just gonna walk more, exercise more, just like those days when I strolled the streets of Paris. Maybe I miss Paris, the CBM, Gershwin tunes, French films and actresses...where has that old feeling gone?

Maybe I'll catch Gov't Mule at 9:30 on Wednesday night. I don't need anyone to erase my memory; I just need someone to pour water on my head.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com