Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Woke up from a deep sleep....

...and desperately trying to get back to sleep I put on Coltrane's Ballads and it's soo hauntingly beautiful it makes me miss Elvin Jones and certain girls and people and places I love. McCoy Tyner's complex chord structure imperfectly aligns with the complex structure of humanity...

The list of beautiful yet underrated people continues: Scott LaFaro, Chet, Joe Pass, Vince Guaraldi, Bill Evans, Miles' Someday My Prince Will Come, Lisa Ekdahl, Blossom Dearie, Getz/Barron's People Time, Sonny Stitt, Gene Ammons, Eddie Higgins, Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown, Jimmy Garrison on all the Classic Coltrane Quartet recordings, my dedication to make this world a better place...

I miss strolling on the sidewalks of Paris in summer. Makes me think of the Sammy Cahn/Jimmy Van Heusen tune "I'll Only Miss Her When I Think of Her." Or maybe I just miss the season, or its equivalent.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com