Thursday, September 30, 2004

Something so right...

Today I feel blessed and fortunate because there are still people who care about me. I wrote a song about trapezoids, too. My colleague joking told me maybe I'm secretly in love with trapezoids. I don't know but I still remember how to calculate the area of a trapezoid. Unreal!

I've also been receiving some good wisdom over e-mail lately. People really have some interesting observations and good things to say as autumn comes tumblin' in. One e-mail flat out said, "Henry, you're so cool." And some nice phone calls too. It's hard to keep up with and keep track of everybody. To those I have neglected lately: I'm sorry. I've got enough problems of my own but I'm slowly sorting things out. I haven't felt so romantic and lively since my senior year in college. I'm doing things that are out of my reach. What an awesome feeling!

The current events seem to be in my favor too. DC's got its own baseball team. Carly Patterson & Co. are performing at MCI Center tonight. Kenny Barron is coming to Kennedy Center. I can't wait to see the presidential debate tonight. Now, this is a great website.

When I drove to work this morning, my stereo was playing Paul Simon's "Something So Right." How perfect! And check out his intelligent and heartfelt lyrics:

when something goes right
Well it's likely to lose me, mm
It's apt to confuse me
because it's such an unusual sight
Oh, I swear, I can't get used to something so right
Something so right


Innit?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com