Monday, September 13, 2004

Leaving comments on someone's blog....

...is an art, because you don't want to be like a stalker and leave way too many comments (once someone impersonated me and left numerous comments on Heather's blog) but you don't want to be unsophisticated and say "Yeahhh...Yippeeee" or "Way to go, mate!" and nothing else.

You want to say your thoughts in an organized manner without being too wordy. Sometimes when you want disagree with the entry, you don't want to be too confrontational because you don't want to sabotage the friendship (or whatever relationship you have with the blogmaster), so you'll end up leaving something quite ambiguous.

The point is: you gotta be succinct, clever, to the point, and careful. Let's face it, mundane comments won't help you score points. Just remember, you can't retract your comments. Once they're there, unless the blogmaster decides to erase them, they are permanently there for the public to see. Choice of words is also tantamount in leaving a good comment. You want to use some good vocab like "ogle," "didactic," and "gregarious." You want people to be impressed with your chain of thoughts and continue the conversation.

You may think, what the hell are you talking about? I just leave a comment when I feel like it without thinking of dire repercussions. I just say whatever the hell I want. But deep down you know you want people to approve of your thoughts. Just like people who blog want others to agree with them. People who comment want the exact same approval.

But sometimes I love leaving comments. To show people I care and read their blogs. To show people I'm smart and I have something substantial to say. To escape from temporary boredom. Etc.

So feel free to leave a comment.

I love Haloscan. Period.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com