Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Jazz in a rainy afternoon

I just heard for the first time that someone didn't like Garden State. And it was two people. Stephanie asked, "What's there to like?" I was shocked and speechless and didn't know how to respond. So I said, "Everything." Really, everyone I talked to either liked it or loved it. So can anyone help me think of some reasons to embrace the movie? Anyone?

These Talipups were occupying the swimming pool and started diving and splashing water but didn't realize they are not in the Olympic team and the sign says "No Diving." Of course, after I first went into the empty hot tub, all these Talipups followed me in there, kind of like when one kid picked up a Pokemon stuff animal, the other kids want to get it from him. I want to think of one reason to like these hairy, overweight Talipups, but being in the hot tub with them kinda disgusts me. Inevitably, I thought of Borat.

Let me know if you think this is anti-Semitic.

I hate making further effort to sustain certain friendships. It's always ME who try to make plans and stay in touch with people. When I first came to DC, I had zero friends, now I have about 50 (one and off and some close acquaintances are counted within), and I should be proud of that. But I think friendship should be a mutual thing, and not a unilateral effort. So e-mail or call me if you want to mend your friendship with me because I can always make time.

Jazz in a rainy afternoon is good because it forces you to read books you wouldn't otherwise read or gives you space to fill in certain thoughts that never popped into your head when you're busy. Jazz in a rainy afternoon is good because it's romantic and makes you not wanna get outta bed. It's not hard to fall in love with Astrud Gilberto or Stan Getz.

Some people are just mean.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com