Friday, August 13, 2004

Nonsensical pillow talk

Shit, the CBM hits again.

My stereo strangely led me to put on Chet after 60 minutes of Billie Holiday and I was wondering if I was mentally slamming my guitar like Sean Penn in Sweet & Lowdown saying the bittersweet, "I made a mistake. I made a mistake." It was so good to see Rachel again tonight and it was nice to hear from Ed and Ernest and various other people. Am I an asshole or too sweet? I hear both. When you miss someone you hope the world stops for you to do just that. I should be in Paris right now because you hear Chet Baker everywhere, even on the loudspeakers on Champs-Elysses. Meredith says I should move to Paris because a hipster like me is inhibited by a limited place like DC. But DC is not limited it has great things to offer. I like it here and people are good except for the cab drivers but I don't take cabs anymore so it's good life is good.

This girl from Friendster sends me an mp3 it's so breathtakingly beautiful it breaks my heart. Time and music are the best medicines to heal wounds. But when time hasn't taken effect yet, a dosage of music can still heal temporary wounds. I miss folk music, coffee house music, music that makes me think, like Chris Shepard, Bread, Tom Paxton, Joni Mitchell...

It's that time of the year again, and soon it'll be Guaraldi season.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com