Wednesday, August 04, 2004

My mojo is gradually coming back

I know I should be talking about the Democratic National Convention, but aside from the fact that Bill Clinton gave the best speech outshining Kerry's presence, Obama's inane speech, "There's no left America, no right America, there's the United States of America" (it's like me saying, "There's no Henry, there's no Chung, there's only Henry Chung), and that Teresa Heinz Kerry looks like my office's cleaning lady, there's really nothing else to comment. Well, let's wait to see what Cheney and Bush have to say in the Republican Convention.

Heather gave a thumbs up (with a box of Kleenex) for Zach Braff's Garden State, opening this Friday in DC. Perhaps the film is this year's Lost in Translation/High Fidelity/Rushmore. I've been waiting for a film like this all year. Let's see if it lives up to its hype (well, there's no hype but critics seem to love it, evidenced by it's 96% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes).

All I have to say Zach Braff is a lucky bastard for sharing some kissing scenes with Natalie Portman in his directorial debut (that should give you sufficient incentive to become a writer/director). When I was in NYC last week, this movie was getting great reviews but my idiosyncrasy tricked me to watch the disappointing Village instead. So I have to catch it this weekend. Support the film by visiting Braff's Garden State blog, too.

I think the premise of Open Water is stupid. The actors act scared knowing there's a camera in front of them....

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com