Monday, August 30, 2004

Even trapezoids have attitude...

I feel like I'm Tom Robbins. Yeah, when trapezoids starting having an attitude, you know it's one step closer to gender equality. What's a trapezoid? It's something bigger than a square.

This is surely gonna make me sad and sentimental, but life goes on. All I have to say is this was a famous Olympics. I loved every minute of it (even beach volleyball on second thoughts because I liked their hugging afterwards). Now we're stuck with bad TV again.

250,000 protesters in NYC, great! I'll try to catch the Republican Convention as much as I can, even though I know they'll piss me off.

Six Flags were great yesterday. I didn't perform though. Who said I was gonna?

I was on Da Gator's show on WPFW 89.3 this Saturday by accident. Rick Bolling ended up interviewing me for 30 minutes. That was a miracle! Support this station for it's the only one that plays jazz and blues in the nation's capital.

The New York Daily News has an excellent article about the "Garden Club," a term describing those who are affected by the film Garden State and connect with other individuals are also moved. I don't think I'm a Garden Club member quite yet - Though I was deeply moved by the film, I haven't found anybody who's willing to connect with me yet. It's easy to say that their reasons for liking the film is different than mine. But that's an escape device.

It's also easy to label yourself as an "alienated, angry twentysomething" on the verge of exploding cynicism. But that's not it either. It's easier to read someone's blog or Friendster's profile and say "He or she's gonna be my soulmate" and when you meet them in person they are either silent as a bird or just don't agree with you on abortion.

Sometimes you think you know the person but they close their doors on you. There's nothing more unfortunate than that in life.

I hate to be preachy on my blog but this is the time, place, manner to do just that. If you are a self-proclaimed Garden Club member, listen up. Zach Braff quips, "What Garden State's really about is how short life is. And how we get caught up in so many entanglements and insecurities and worries and obsessions and trivial arguments while life races right by us shaking it's head at how seriously we take ourselves."

Life is short. So open up and embrace life and the people around you. Don't focus on what you don't have; focus on what you have.

P.S. Girls who have nice legs should wear skirts more often.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com