Thursday, July 15, 2004

Words of gratitude

Thanks to all who came to my un-birthday party last night. Thanks for all the cards and presents. Thank you for not singing "Happy birthday." It was a low-key celebration of the Bastille Day. Those who didn't come either called or e-mailed. How thoughtful of you!

But there were two things:

1) None but three people offered to buy me drinks. Is it so hard to say "Can I get you a drink?"

2) Some people didn't leave enough money on the tab so I ended up settling the bill out of my own pocket. No big deal. I just find it funny that as the night progressed, the same amount of money remained on the table while more drinks were ordered.

Nonetheless, it was a great reunion amongst friends who connected with me at some point.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com