Thursday, July 01, 2004

This gets me excited!



My first exposure to American culture had nothing to do with Ronald Reagan's foreign policy or the infiltration of McDonald's or KFC's in Hong Kong, it was G.I. Joe the TV series. I was in sixth grade and I thought G.I. Joe was the coolest thing ever (it still is). I used to collect G.I. Joe figures and my favorite ones are Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Destro, etc. The Yo Joe! and Guru Planet websites have detailed documented information on the history of these action figures.



Not only does this bring back childhood memories, but it is also a blessing to know that we used to have much cooler toys than kids now. I personally can't stand Pokemon and don't get the thrill of Playstation 2 or X-Box. But G.I. Joe cartoons remained an important chapter in my life.

Now that the G.I. Joe DVD's (Seasons 1 & 2) have been released, I'll get a copy of them and reminisce those good times. Those were the days! Let's pray that The Real Ghostbusters will come out on DVD next.

What are some other cool toys besides G.I. Joe?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com