Sunday, June 06, 2004

There's no limit for good cause

There's another benefit for Moses Munene organized by his Kenyan friends. The event will take place at St. Stephen's Church Auditorium, 1525 Newton Street, NW, Washington DC 20010, at 3 p.m. on June 12. Featuring Smith Hempstone, former US Ambassador stationed in Kenya and author of the book Rogue Ambassador: An African Memoir, who will also be signing his book at this event. I won't be performing in this one but my spirit is with Moses. To learn more about Moses and his needs, visit this website.

Speaking of good cause, Jeff's 5/27 post about Peanuts made me very happy. I don't know if it's the right philosophy, but Charlie Brown's nonchalant outlook of life is an interesting take on humanity. I question myself a lot lately. While Charles Shultz uses Charlie Brown as his alter ego to reflect his philosophy, what's my own alter ego? Is "Sonny Boy," the blues harp wailing fool, a version of my persona? Or is it the suit-wearing, opera-going mongul that I once was? At the end of the day, after all is said and done, we still have Guaraldi to blame for our stupidity. Thanks Jeff for sharing something so entertaining yet intimate.

Right now I dig: Charlie Brown, Vince Guaraldi, the scene "I'll have what she's having" in When Harry Met Sally, the out of style yet strangely erotic clothing Bethesda girls wear, and my favorite Pastor P.K. Li's fabulous old sermons.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com