Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Asian fever

This is the best thing that happened to me today. I hate it when people say all Asians look the same. I used to pride myself on being able to distinguish among different Asian races. But this quiz kinda got my ass kicked. My score was 11 out of 18. If you can beat me, I'll worship you. Try it.

Upon further investigation, the guy who created the quiz, Dyske Suematsu, has a fascinating website. Worth checking out his thoughtful articles about (1) how online dating tears down racial barriers, and (2) how Chow Yun Fat brought Asian men and white women closer together, reminding me of my own article about Asian actors never score with their Caucasian counterparts in Hollywood films. Simply amazing!

Sam Hui is currently having a successful concert tour at the Hong Kong Coliseum. My whole family went last Saturday (too bad I couldn't go). Sam Hui is a legendary pop star who put Cantopop on the forefront of the Hong Kong music industry. He entered the scene in the 60's covering songs by the Zombies, the Beatles, and Elvis Presley and had a hit called "Interlude." To learn more about Sam and his 2004 concert series, go to this amazing site.

If you don't get enough Asian fever still, sample Wing's "Dream Lover" and "Close To You." I guarantee it'll put you in a good mood.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com