Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Ain't no sunshine when he's gone

Guys, I'm feeling better. Thanks for the words of encouragement and kindness from all of you, especially my parents, co-workers, church friends, and close friends (you know who you are). But really, the ones who need the most support and comfort are Adam's family and Ryfie. I just spoke to Ryfie about an hour ago, and she was still crying, and it breaks my heart to know that she's in such pain. Makes me think of a Bible passage: "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." -Romans 12:15. I'm doing the latter.

Sorry to Jeff I couldn't make it to Blues Alley last night. Aside from the fact that I wasn't in the mood (after all that's happened), I was still in Baltimore when my brother was packing. Seemed like it was a show where they "hanged the sheep's head but sold the dog's meat."

To my sheer delight, Jeff's writing about music again. I rejoice when he shares his Hammond B-3 knowledge, players who deserve wider recognition, and details of certain shows. And the reprise of the 3 Oakland jam songs is a nice reminder, as I still have fantasies about that Scandinavian jazz diva.

I'm going to Jamaica for 7 days starting May 26. It's a much needed vacation, and I need a break from all this craziness and disarray.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com