Tuesday, May 04, 2004

4 talented, funky white boys

Very happy, for I received a CD today in the snail mail sent by Josh Espinoza (Band of Blue's bass player) capturing the band's fabulous performance at Jammin' Java on April 7, in which I also played harp as a guest. The band has complained that this CD is very rough mix and the bass and drums sounds are in outer space - basically, it needs a remix. I think it's already pretty good as a live recording. I picked the following song "Charlie (Never Return)" to put on the blog as a fans-only sneak preview of the CD.

It's one of the best songs that night, and we got the audience grooving. Shane's got really strong vocals on this song (and so does Michael on the background vocals). Josh's bass solo is pretty damn smoking! I actually like my solo on this cut (I usually hate it but this time it accurately captured what I had on my mind that night - it was close to what I had envisioned in my head). But the star of this song really was Gene Meros, the sax player, who churned out two thunderous solos and earned well-deserved cheers from the audience.

Band of Blue really has great potential. Just listen to the ending you'll know this is a small band with a big sound.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com