Friday, April 30, 2004

My mental brouhaha

Was informally invited to a happy hour at Gazuza tonight. After some sloppy cost-benefit analysis, I decided to skip the otherwise pointless Ivy League single mixer and Swizzle and see if I could gain anything from this "experiment." I arrived at the hip joint at 7:45, but my pen pal/heroine was nowhere to be found, Instead, I ran into some unexpected people: Casey, my first year law-school buddy to whom I haven't spoken in two years, and Mike B., who claimed he has dated 32 girls since the last time I saw him.

I learned a few things from this lesson:

1. Expect nothing from anybody.

2. You know who your real friends are in cases of emergency.

3. Casey's wedding ring was gone. He appeared to have given up his marriage for his career.

4. The people who brag about relationships the most are pretty much losers at the game.

5. As time goes by, fewer words are exchanged among old friends.

6. The yuppie scene at Dupont Circle is getting yuppier.

Some chick picked up Mike B. while Yoko arrived. Yoko told me she was being mistreated by a Talipup and I told her you can never trust those Talipups. At the end of the happy hour, Mike B. was nowhere to be found. Me and Yoko had dinner. She told me more about the Pup and I told her to forget about the Pup.

Bill Heid wrote:
Some kind of pup
It was some kind of pup
When I saw that towel
I know it wasn't Colin Powell
It was some kind of pup


What words of wisdom.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com