Friday, April 30, 2004

Mental brouhaha part deux

Still a little hung up and hung over from last nite's largely unpleasant experience. Too bad you can call in sick at work, but you can't call in "sick & tired." When I left office yesterday, I yelled "a day." My co-workers wondered what I was doing. I told them I was calling it a day.

Somehow I remembered the following dialogue by Mike B. But it's so contrived I needed to get it out of my system or to torture the reader.

Mike B.: I was dating this girl whose high school roommate used to be Liv Tyler. She hated her so much she wouldn't watch any movies with Liv Tyler in it. Too bad I was dating her the whole time Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King was playing. I guess I just have to catch it on DVD when it comes out.

Me (being a smartass): Well, I guess any Aerosmith CDs are out of the question, then.

That was the best comeback I could come up with.

Moving right along, I was charmed by this harmless little article written by Woody Allen (for New Yorker) called "When the universe is expanding it can make you late for work." Praise the Lord someone's still got a sense of humor.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com