Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Life recap in the last 72 hours

Sat 4/17: Had a really pleasant studying session wiyh Ryfie at Common Grounds. She's busy preparing for her final projects/exams. She said she forgot to eat. I then added, citing the song Blame In On My Youth, "If I forgot to eat and sleep and pray, blame it on my youth..." It put a smile on her face.

Re-read 50 pages of Milan Kundera's The Book of Laughter and Forgetting. Discovered my own comments on the margin that I placed 6-7 years old. Realized I was more imaginative and adventurous in thoughts back then.

Received in the mail Tommy Chung's new CD Blues Time. Pleasantly disappointed. There's something wrong with the synchronization. Harp work is lukeworm.

Sun 4/18: Went to Baltimore to watch Kill Bill 2 with my brother. QT has outdone himself again. This is a film for movie lovers and the mish-mash of B-movie ingredients makes Thurman and Carradine shine like supercool heroes.

Mon 4/19: Had a flood on Rockville Pike. My office building evacuated. Spent afternoon on a legal project and took a nap. Woke up, played backetball and ran. Not feeling upbeat because I had a brutal rejection today. Had a good phone conversation with Lara. Hope we'll meet up soon.

Heather and I debated whether flip-flops have sexual connotation. The score is 1-1. Any tie-breakers?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com