Friday, April 23, 2004

The last scene in Kicking & Screaming

OK, I have seen this movie way too many times, but everytime I see it, I'm moved by it the same way it moved me the first time. Samantha wrote a scholarly article analyzing the film and it's well worth a read.

The last scene:

Grover: Ok, the way I see it, if we were an old couple, dated for years, graduated, away from all these scholastic complications, and I reached over and kissed you, you wouldn't say a word, you'd be delighted, probably, but if I was to do that now it'd be quite forward, and if I did it the first time we ever met you probably would hit me.

Jane: What do you mean?

Grover: I just wish we were an old couple so I could do that.


I just find that pretty romantic.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com