Friday, April 23, 2004

Family man's ode to wife, daughter, and lost friends

I've been a Jacky Cheung fan for many years (my brother is even a bigger fan). JC hasn't released a Cantopop album for 3 years and his new release Life is Like a Dream is long awaited and anticipated by fans. This time JC has changed his musical direction - he composed all of his songs. While I'm not a big fan of Jacky's old compositions, the hit song "Tell You," dedicated to his wife, is surprisingly melodic and his vocals skills are aptly shown. Other tracks are written for his daughter and old friends Leslie Cheung & Anita Mui. I can't wait to listen to this CD, because I believe it'll be one of JC's most important albums in his career (a more detailed critique coming soon upon listening). Coupled with the positive reaction as a special guest at Teresa Caprio's concert last week, all I have to say is: he's back! You can buy the CD on Yesasia.com.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com